Responsibilities of Board Members & Committees
1. Financially support and promote United Way of Greater Yankton
2. Attend monthly Board of Directors meeting.
3. Attend committee meetings as needed. Each Director is asked to serve on the Executive, Allocation or Finance Committee.
4. Attend United Way of Greater Yankton functions - Campaign Kick-Off, Community Volunteer Celebration, Annual Meeting
5. Assist with the annual Community Campaign drive.
6. Maintain regular contact with liaison Partner Agency.
7. Become familiar with each partners programs and needs and how they serve the community.
Executive Committee (Board Officers)
1. Represent United Way of Greater Yankton at community functions.
2. Identify problems, address and resolve them.
3. Review By-Laws periodically.
4. Establish committees as needed.
5. Conduct annual evaluation of Executive Director.
1. Review partner agency programs/funding requests and recommend to Board.
2. Review additional community needs and possible implementation.
3. Oversee liaison program of board members and partner agencies.
1. Oversee operating finances, annual budget preparation and audit.