River City Domestic Violence Center "We Believe"
Mission statement - The River City Domestic Violence Center "We Believe" provides safe and immediate shelter for victims of domestic violence and their dependents. The Shelter strives to prevent incidents of abuse through community partnerships and education.
Our Services -
- 24 hour hotline for victims of domestic violence/ sexual assault
- Assistance with completing and filing protection order, and with the court hearing
- Assistance with completing victims compensation forms
- Crisis counseling
- Assistance with financial, medical and legal issues
- Assistance, support, and security during rape examination
- Court advocacy during child custody, civil and criminal proceedings
- Assistance obtaining housing, household items, and clothing
- Education and support through support group. Free babysitting services are provided for children of participants.
- Training and educational materials about domestic violence and sexual assault
Executive Director: Desiree Warren-Johnson
Crisis Line 605-665-1448 (24 hour)
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
PO Box 626
Yankton, SD 57078-0626