Through our Community Impact work, your continuing involvement with the United Way will help create lasting change. Your expertise, energy and relationships are vital resources, since Community Impact is an effort that’s owned by the entire community. We promise to direct those resources to efforts that target the underlying causes of issues that affect our community – and which deliver measurable, long-term results.
United Way’s agency partners are doing great work every day, and there will always be a need for basic needs and prevention and development programs. But Community Impact takes that work one step further. Working together with a broad range of community partners – partner agencies, schools, faith-based groups, businesses, energized individuals, local government and more – we’re seeking results that no one can accomplish alone.
What is Community Impact?
- Improving the lives of all people affected by the community’s issues – not just clients of programs funded by United Way.
- Pinpointing the root causes of problems that threaten our community – developing strategies and partnerships to change them.
- Working in a multi-faceted role with whatever partners can play a role in changing community conditions.
- Going beyond the annual campaign to create long-term, ongoing relationships with diverse community investors.
How can you help?
- Mentor a child
- Shovel snow or rake leaves
- Drive for medical appointments
- Assist a Special Olympics team
- Pound a nail for a neighbor
- Deliver a meal for a shut-in
- Teach a group to make a craft
- Decorate a bulletin board
- Share computer skills
- Help a child with math
- Develop leadership skills